What To Expect At Your Eye Exam
At Pearle Vision, care is at the heart of everything we do. Our comprehensive process is designed to keep you in the clear about the health of your eyes so you can see your best. The optometrists at Pearle understand each patient has a different story and history. That is why we take the time to learn about you to better help you and your eye care needs.While annual eye exams typically last about an hour, the duration of your appointment can vary depending on your specific needs. Before coming in, here’s what you can expect:
Be prepared to answer questions relating to any eye health problems you have experienced, past and present. These can include:
- When your eye or vision symptoms began
- What medications you are taking
- Any work-related or environmental conditions that may be affecting your vision.
- Any previous eye or health conditions you and your family members have experienced.
- History of health and eye issues in family
Before diving into the comprehensive exam, our neighborhood eye care experts may conduct a few tests to measure visual functions such as depth perception, color vision and eye muscle movements.
Types of Testing
- Visual acuity
- Color blindness
- Cover test
- Ocular movement testing
- Glaucoma testing
- Pupil dilation